My name is Benjamin Wann;
I am CMA, CSCA, MBA, PMP, & CPA. At my core, I’m a Small Business & Manufacturing Product Cost Expert.
My Areas of Expertise:
How I Work:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills to form effective relationships throughout the organization and communicate complex analytical models/ financial concepts synthesized and concisely. Excellent analytical, decision-making, and project management abilities.
(Strength Finder 2.0):
Focus Analytical Learner Ideation Achiever
• Leads FP&A function:
– Responsible for business plans, budgets, and forecasts timeliness, credibility, and reliability.
– Supports long-term financial and strategic business planning, including the five-year plan,
– Reviews FP&A work the team performs and ensures that information reconciles with all known sources such as IMS, customer forecasts, and ongoing interactions with department leaders.
– Maintains and oversees processes to monitor business performance and measure KPIs, including weekly flash reporting and payroll forecasting
– Ensures management reporting is provided within prescribed deadlines and establishes systems to facilitate this.
• Supports strategic transactions and other critical business functions:
– Provides insight and support for proposed mergers and acquisitions (M&A), debt and equity deals, and other strategic transactions
– Manages and negotiates risk management insurance programs
– Makes business improvement recommendations and tracks risks and opportunities.
– Provides timely and accurate support for customer proposals.
– Prepares and delivers presentations to executive audiences and creates models to evaluate transactions
• Oversees cost accounting and capital spending processes:
– Improves, maintains, and oversees cost accounting systems appropriate for the needs of the business that will deliver timely, accurate, and relevant information to management.
– Ensures delivery of high-quality cost reporting, including gross margin and variance analyses.
– Responsible for delivery of accurate valuations of inventory and fixed assets.
– Oversees capital expenditures to ensure they are financially justified.
• Supports external audits, SOX compliance, and public reporting in areas including, but not limited to, standard cost and variances, inventory, and CAPEX.